Thursday, January 10, 2013

New Semester



Here we are at the start of another semester and on a new team! For the Spring semester, I've been assigned to work on the game Goldblitz, a racing game based around combat and mining.
Gold Blitz - Level Layout
Specifically, I'm going to be the one working on the levels in the game. The leaders, Rob and Jesston, have said that the level particularly need a lot of work and they wish to have 3-4 by the end of the semester in 12 weeks.

This shouldn't be too hard to do, I'll have to work a lot with the environmental artist, but I'm confident in my abilities to complete this task.

Right now, they don't have much to go on for levels, including what size they should be. My first task this week is to set the standard for level sizes to ensure future levels won't seem too big or small. I'll be white-boxing out levels this weekend and testing them next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment